I dont get the point of burst races

Its like entering a lottery and hope to win blue packs.
Basically. I won that lottery the other day finishing 2nd overall as a Scion (only beaten by Krame as a Shadow) with not that much drop RNG (had a +1 but no MS or QS) just insane blue packs.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1574369

I have never been a fan of burst races although I wouldn't really complain about them cause they are free points. I would like to know what the purpose of them is, cause doing well in them is mostly luck, more so than other race types. I would also like to know why there seem to be so many of them each season. This season, sets of bursts were the 3rd most common race type (12 sets) next to Descent Champions (19) and the signature (28). Just seems odd to run so many of these compared to many of the other race types which many players enjoy more.
Same as descent and d:c and el and sig races and every race pretty much if you didnt realized it yet
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
"
jstq wrote:
Same as descent and d:c and el and sig races and every race pretty much if you didnt realized it yet

JSTQ The basher of racing since s1

"
Karvarousku wrote:

Someone's gotta keep up the slix slack.
Necropolis: 97
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
"
unsane wrote:
"
Karvarousku wrote:

Someone's gotta keep up the slix slack.

I light my Boofy candle and chant: "Terrex is irrelevant!"
[quote="Hilbert"]
CT should be around the art of PKing and not griefing lower levels.
[/quote]
http://www.twitch.tv/zoroxo123
I like burst races. They are easy points and I don't get burned out on them like longer races. It's like a brief distraction from whatever else I was doing, without doing a full length race.

They are also excellent races to teach new players/racers to start fast. Racing in general is like that. I learned a lot about the game from racing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info