Winterheart, Event 104: Brutus Kill

To see your points in the current season (and its prizes), go to this page.

You are also able to view your season and events history on your profile page, under the Seasons & Events section.

Standard rules for league events apply. Please click this link if this is your first race event.
A guide has been posted here which covers general aspects and strategies of racing.

Dead characters will still receive reward points.

Active Mods
The following league mods are active during this event:
  • Fixed Seed: All instances of a given area have the same area layout, for all players. Multiple Race Events will regularly have the same seed. That is, the instance area layouts will be same in all the races of a fixed seed set. This includes all Signature events.

A summary of Time based events:

Time based events are designed to create a competitive environment where players compete not by character experience, but by their ability to progress through the game and complete specific objectives, such as killing bosses.

The boss required to be defeated for this race is: Brutus, located in The Upper Prison.

• The time recorded is based from the beginning of the race, not when your character is created.
  • Characters will not appear on the ladder until they have completed the objective.
  • Characters are not required to have completed the time based objective in order to receive points for the other objectives, such as points awarded for reaching certain levels.
  • Characters who die after completing the objective will still be counted for receiving reward points.
  • Points are awarded at the end of the race, do not delete your characters until they have been moved to the permanent leagues.

Boss Kill Prizes:
The following are awarded to all players to complete them, not just the first.
  • Kill Brutus in Normal difficulty: 3 Reward Points.

Top Prizes:

The overall top player by time will receive 3 Reward Points.

The top 20 players of each class by time will receive:
  • #1 player of each class: Demigod's Dominance (Unique Golden Mantle) and 10 Reward Points.
  • #2 player of each class: 6 Reward Points.
  • #3 player of each class: 5 Reward Points.
  • #4 player of each class: 4 Reward Points.
  • #5 player of each class: 3 Reward Points.
  • #6-10 player of each class: 2 Reward Points.
  • #11-20 player of each class: 1 Reward Point.

Prizes for reaching specific levels:
  • Level 8: 5 Reward Points.
  • Level 6-7: 4 Reward Points.
  • Level 5: 2 Reward Points.
  • Level 4: 1 Reward Point.

Quest Prizes:
The first player to complete each of these quests wins the prize listed.
  • Normal difficulty Mercy Mission (The Tidal Island): 2 Reward Point.
  • Normal difficulty The Dweller of the Deep (The Flooded Depths): 2 Reward Point.

Full-clear Prizes:
The first player to kill all of the monsters in any of the following areas will receive:
  • Normal difficulty The Fetid Pool: 2 Reward Points.

Random Prizes:
Reward points earned in this race grant tickets in a random draw for the following items:
  • Alternate Art Asphyxia's Wrath Unique Item (30 available to be won)
  • Alternate Art Sapphire Ring Item (40 available to be won)
  • Alternate Art The Whispering Ice Unique Item (10 available to be won)
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com

So... why do we get a whole hour to do this race (Brutus)? Most people will finish this race in like 10 minutes.
Last edited by Shibenaut on Feb 15, 2016, 2:46:54 PM
"
Shibenaut wrote:

So... why do we get a whole hour to do this race (Brutus)? Most people will finish this race in like 10 minutes.

Sigh Idk man, use some common sense. Sure you will find a reason out there that this race is a hour long. Pretty sure its stated every other race where people say the same thing..
Always looking for people to game with, Hit me up!! Thanks for the great game GGG..

As I ʜᴏʟᴅ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀᴍᴜʀᴀɪ sᴡᴏʀᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴍʏ sᴛᴏᴍᴀᴄʜ ᴀs I ᴡᴀs ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴄᴏᴍᴍɪᴛ Seppuku, I ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ Kʀɪᴘᴘ ᴘʟᴀʏ Cᴀsᴜᴀʟsᴛᴏɴᴇ. I ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴀ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ Kʀɪᴘ ᴡᴀs Nᴏʟɪғᴇ. ɴᴏᴡ I ᴀᴍ Nᴏʟɪғᴇ. ɢᴏᴏᴅ ʙʏᴇ ᴋʀɪᴘᴘ ▬▬ι════════ﺤ
Dude, the same reason every race is longer than the time it takes for the top 20 or 50 to complete.

New players won't race quickly, casual players will not race quickly tons of people will take their time others won't know race protocol and the best ways to pack hunt and clear quickly.

What my question is, similar to zombiecity's reply.

Why do we always have one of "you" asking about "why's it this that or the other waaah" like seriously if you complete it in 10 mins congrats top 50 be happy and move on why ask simpleton questions that any number of threads could answer it's so many seasons into races and you and people like you are the reason some of my favorite races are cut short now, just be quiet if you can do it quickly good job, leave the timing alone for people who don't/won't.

I apologize if anyone is offended, I am just tired of this same question every race season. You guys aren't GGG it's a free game why complain about every aspect of it just because it doesn't fit some personal code of "what is right" ugh. >_<
"
Shibenaut wrote:

'Most' people will NOT finish this race in 10 minutes.

I'll return after it's over to show you you're extremely incorrect.
The answer is ZERO.

There's a name suspiciously absent as well.
"
Shibenaut wrote:

So... lets make this race last 15mins. Fuck those who take longer right?
NOO, please dont :( it took me 16min because i cant learn prison layouts....
Ign: The_Horus

My profile & builds @: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/544588

Never in a sig :^)
"
Shibenaut wrote:

26 min 49 sec

You have A LOT of room for improvement

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info