Winterheart, Event 62: Act 2 Solo

To see your points in the current season (and its prizes), go to this page.

You are also able to view your season and events history on your profile page, under the Seasons & Events section.

Standard rules for league events apply. Please click this link if this is your first race event.
A guide has been posted here which covers general aspects and strategies of racing.

Dead characters will still receive reward points.

A summary of Alternate Start events:

Unlike regular races, Alternate Start events do not begin in Act 1, Normal. They can begin in any act or difficulty after that. These areas are the same level as they appear in the regular game, and are not scaled down for these events.

To compensate, Alternate Start Events provide pre-levelled characters with unallocated skill trees, who start with basic gear and skill gems appropriate to their level. These race types are also voided.

This event begins in Act 2, Normal, in The Forest Encampment.

Characters start at Level 12, with 13 unallocated passives

Top Prizes:

The overall top player by experience will receive 3 Reward Points.

The top 20 players of each class by experience will receive:
  • #1 player of each class: Demigod's Dominance (Unique Golden Mantle) and 10 Reward Points.
  • #2 player of each class: 6 Reward Points.
  • #3 player of each class: 5 Reward Points.
  • #4 player of each class: 4 Reward Points.
  • #5 player of each class: 3 Reward Points.
  • #6-10 player of each class: 2 Reward Points.
  • #11-20 player of each class: 1 Reward Point.

Prizes for reaching specific levels:
  • Level 32: 12 Reward Points.
  • Level 29-31: 10 Reward Points.
  • Level 27-28: 8 Reward Points.
  • Level 25-26: 7 Reward Points.
  • Level 23-24: 6 Reward Points.
  • Level 20-22: 4 Reward Points.
  • Level 17-19: 2 Reward Points.
  • Level 15-16: 1 Reward Point.

Random Prizes:
Reward points earned in this race grant tickets in a random draw for the following items:
  • Alternate Art Asphyxia's Wrath Unique Item (50 available to be won)
  • Alternate Art Sapphire Ring Item (30 available to be won)
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
Yea dried lake is definatly not worth it :(
I still dont understand what I'm doing wrong here - People are entering the warehouse as im climbing the pyramid, and entering upper sceptre as I'm in the battlefront. Am I doing something obviously wrong?

Old Field>Crossroads>sins>town

town>crossroads>broken bridge>town

town>riverways>western>weaver>town

town>riverways>wetlands>vaal ruins>northern forest>caverns>pyramid>sarn>town

town>slums>crematorium>town

town>slums>slums sewer>warehouse sewer>warehouse>market>battlefront>docks>farm docks from here.

I farmed docks for around 20 mins, if I had continued instead, I think I would have maybe just barely killed dominus before running out of time? I don't get it.

I was 13th templar or something like that, I'm on pace to get 1000 points probably, but I just dont get how I'm so far off from getting top spots for demis, and this goes for all races except descents. If I'm spending too much time killing mobs while running places, then how are people always far ahead in xp when I do so? And if I run ahead without killing mobs, how are people keeping ahead exponentially in xp, but also in zones?
Last edited by Sinew2 on Feb 8, 2016, 4:21:44 AM
Sinew2: Lots and lots and lots of practice. And skills. Every little decision is fine-tuned.

Spoiler

account number 2
Last edited by unsane2 on Feb 8, 2016, 4:25:27 AM
This might be a bit out there, but don't people with better internet connections get a massive advantage just by cutting a few minutes off of their time with zone loading? Seems kind of unfair to those who are just as skilled yet have to wait a bit more for loading times. Kind of was thinking that there should be a mandatory loading time for races.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info