WHY ggg?

Why for boss kills or other timed objectives does it not start when you start?
If you are a minute late to starting a race there pretty much is no point in trying to win it is there? Or take this mornings brutus kill. Came in 25 minutes after it started but figured id do it anyways for the pts and maybe see if I can get my time faster. Call me a noob racer if you guys want because i overlooked the wording on it before but I have only recently started trying to actually place in these and not just do them for fun. It is also bad for the longer ones such as vaal kill when its a much larger time block and not everyone can be sitting in front of their keyboard waiting for it to start.

Just my 2 cents about something that imho should be changed as I don't see the downside to it being that way.
then people would do it many times on different accounts
"
edgewood wrote:
Why for boss kills or other timed objectives does it not start when you start?
Just my 2 cents about something that imho should be changed as I don't see the downside to it being that way.

The timer for a marathon starts when the gun goes off, not when you show up to the track. Until asynchronous racing is introduced this is likely to remain the norm.

Unless the stash is removed, or an account is limited to only a single character/attempt, one could create a number of characters in the event, find or craft gear needed for an optimized run, learn the layouts(boss kills are fixed seed), and then go for the objective on a final character. And then alternate accounts should be taken into consideration.

Take the Brutus event as an example, most top 10 places are ~13 min to complete. Yet the event window is an hour, that provides time for 4 runs to potentially find gear and get information on the layouts. So in the current implementation of racing, this will not change.

However, my understanding of the conversation during the racing podcast is there is work being done to implement asynchronous racing in the future. We do not know what event types this will apply to, but there is change coming within the next few race seasons.

Another potential issue is that people could watch streams to learn the layouts prior to making their run.
Necropolis: 97
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Ok all good reasons That I hadn't considered.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info