Builds For New Players, Summoners and More!

Witch - Summoner Guides - Low Budget Builds by Ghazzy
Ghazzy has created a number of summoner based build guides for new and experienced players. The low budget version grants a high amount of damage and focuses on an Energy Shield defence. This requires having a Chaos resistance of at least 40%+ but does not require life mods on your gear in the endgame stage. You can also check out his other summoner guides that are aimed at more experienced players.

Templar - Ice Shot Totem - Close Range - Cheap and Effective by Kikoyou
Kikoyou recommends using a Chin Sol Unique Bow to maximise your DPS at close range. The idea is instead of putting yourself in harms way, you use totems to gain the benefits of Chin Sol by placing them close to enemies, while you stand at a distance. Using this in conjunction with Point Blank works especially well. The bow is typically cheap at around 5-10 Chaos Orbs. Ice Shot is used for its base damage, Area of Affect damage and Chilled ground.

Marauder - Beginner Friendly Groundslammer Build by Connorj177
This build is affordable and requires little to no currency. The gems required are mostly Strength based and can be acquired via quests and from vendors. Using the Resolute Technique and Blood Magic keystones removes the need to focus on accuracy and mana. Taking Strength and Life Regeneration passives means that relying on life shouldn't be a problem.

Ranger - Poison Arrow Solo Map Magic Finder by Serleth
This build is suited to players who don't like to party and enjoy solo map-farming. It has a relatively fast clear speed and runs any map mod except Blood Magic, which can still be run with a slight change in gear. All you'll need to get this build going is a +2 to Bow Gems 5-link bow which can be obtained by purchasing a cheap 5-link bow for 5-7 Chaos Orbs and using Orbs of Alteration to get the +2 mod.
cool! cant wait to try these out
Sweet. Cheap is good.
Last edited by paulknz on Aug 11, 2015, 12:53:56 AM
that's a nice idea for a post i'll link that to some of my friends who want to try the game out, it'll surely help them.
Okay colour me impressed

I've tried a variation of all of these builds bar the summoner might have to give it a try for myself.

Will also be sending this link to some friends of mine who I've been trying to get into POE for a while.

Thanks guys Keep up the Good work
Last edited by I_BEARS_I on Aug 11, 2015, 1:05:21 AM
Some interesting builds up today.
To Die Is Not An Option, To Fight Until DIESync Is The Only Answer. ☺☻☺

Happy Hunting Exiles.
"
jogau wrote:
that's a nice idea for a post i'll link that to some of my friends who want to try the game out, it'll surely help them.

Awesome! Thank you :) There's also previous build showcase posts here and here.
I am trying Dignity's version of SRS at the time and it looks awesome, despite not being there xD. DuduCiaBR life based Poison Arrow will probably be on my next char. Both similar to some builds there, and considering how PoE really needs some plan around the builds I like the idea of showing these simple and efficient builds for new players.

Hype for First page! Bex, I miss your voice on the hideouts of the week
Last edited by DarkenLord on Aug 11, 2015, 1:10:28 AM
Since 2.0; PoE is made up mostly of cookie cutter builds

New skill gems are unpopular with the exception of ice crash, burn builds are nowhere to be found since the nerf to prolif, and PoE is less melee friendly than ever before

There's a truck load of fun builds which are not viable anymore ... and I still don't see why some skill gems even exist ... *cough* mines *cough*

Last edited by Skelworath on Aug 11, 2015, 1:20:13 AM
"
Skelworath wrote:
Since 2.0; PoE is made up mostly of cookie cutter builds

New skill gems are unpopular with the exception of ice crash, burn builds are nowhere to be found since the nerf to prolif, and PoE is less melee friendly than ever before

There's a truck load of fun builds which are not viable anymore ... and I still don't see why some skill gems even exist ... *cough* mines *cough*

This is just the ever-changing life of POE. Just because something exists does not mean you need or have to use it. Things come and go. I am playing a crit arc build in tempest and I am having a blast with it. I have joined a few groups and not seen anyone else using Arc. Using the call of the brotherhood ring, and hypothermia, its really quite fun.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info