1.3.1 Aurabot penta-curser

This is less a guide and more a showcase of what my friends and I developed.

So back in ambush, I had a character that ran 5 curses, 4 or 5 auras, and was able to shock enemies somewhat reliably for extra shock stack damage. I loved the build, got it to level 90 before ambush ended, but wanted to do more with it. After lucking into some wealth on rampage, I had a bunch of money in standard and nothing to do with it. So it sat there for a bit, and the other day I decided to max-out the support guy I had, since I could run more auras with a shav's and mortal conviction. So now I can run a bunch more auras, and run the same curses but with curse on hit after it being buffed to be 100% cast.

So here it is.

The general idea: run all 3 purities, all defensive auras possible (need vitality to cast curses), run whatever offensive auras I can squeeze in. Running vaal haste because it's amazing, and vaal discipline because it's an amazing bail-out button since blood magic resets the ES recharge cooldown. Basic aurabot stuff, along with squeezing 4 curses into a curse on hit in the 6L chest.

Gear/links

I could run windscream for 6 curses, but I would lose 1.1k ES dropping down to 5.9k which generally isn't enough to survive. I would also have to have another 4 link curse on hit, or I would have to manually curse with two curses (enfeeble + X).

I could run anger+wrath+haste in my boots, but I don't really have the chromatics for it at the moment, vorici shafted me and gave me 1 too many reds, so I settled for empowering the other two.

Perandus blazon to cover the dex requirements of alpha's/haste/grace.

skill tree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAW8MfQ0fDXwOPA5cEH8RUBRxFy8YahmKGo8bJRzcHRQdTx2qHdkksCW8Jwso-i0fL281uTpSPChBh0KjQ1RFfkZxSbFLrkyzTm1V1lfJWAdZ81xrXIphUmTnZp5q-m0Zb55wu3KpeC985X5Zf8aApILHgwmDtoRIhmCG0YhCi3qMdo9GkyeVIJitm6GbtZwynL6io6XEpwinK6yqtAy3MbiTwBrBxcHzwzrDbcaeykrXz9kT2Vva3d-K37_hiOL36QLqGOq66-7sGO-I9HH22vcy99f46_k3-ej60vsJ_kk=

Defense stats
[spoiler]Flask effectiveness nodes on topaz/ruby/rumi's concoction help very much for survival.
Last edited by FrontLineBait on Apr 2, 2015, 6:49:30 PM
Looks pretty cool. Looking to get 21 Purities?

I'd love to see temporal chains dropped for culling, the gloves swapped for asenath's or corrupted ones (with ES) and the belt switched out for Headhunter. Culling monster auras in groups is insane.

That said, the setup was cool to look at.

Best of luck.

Edit: And determination corrupted on the PG (Maybe you can squeeze something else in there, or for more breathing space)
Last edited by 7thFullMoon on Apr 2, 2015, 11:13:06 PM
"
7thFullMoon wrote:
Looks pretty cool. Looking to get 21 Purities?

I'd love to see temporal chains dropped for culling, the gloves swapped for asenath's or corrupted ones (with ES) and the belt switched out for Headhunter. Culling monster auras in groups is insane.

That said, the setup was cool to look at.

Best of luck.

Edit: And determination corrupted on the PG (Maybe you can squeeze something else in there, or for more breathing space)

Well of course I'd love to get 21 purities but they're 5-8 exalt per and i splurged all my money on a shav's. At the moment I swapped out reduced mana for empower and now they're 23 and 24 purities, at the cost of dropping anger.

I like temp chains, it slows every mob down to a crawl and is incredible defensively. As you can see, most of my ES comes from my gloves/chest/boots, so swapping any for more uniques makes it a bit hard to survive. Culling wouldn't really mean anything with no rarity. And...aren't headhunters incredibly expensive? And I need the dex from my belt for gems/alpha's.

This is mostly the sum of my currency, so I don't think corrupting PGs for determination is in the cards.
Last edited by FrontLineBait on Apr 3, 2015, 2:54:03 AM
I meant culling specifically with headhunter (for the amazing monster auras of 10 000 ES, etc) because in parties it gets hectic and you want to last hit the rares when you're not running with an MF Culler, and HH grants a larger dexterity bonus than Perandus. They're reasonably expensive at around ~100.

It's nice as it is, just a few suggestions/ideas as to how you can push it further.

Edit: And when I said asenath's or corrupted gloves, you can corrupt any curse you're already using on a pair of ES gloves and drop that from the 6L CoH to fit in the culling I was talking about. I hope that clears it up.
Last edited by 7thFullMoon on Apr 3, 2015, 7:57:53 PM
I've been looking into these support builds recently and I noticed most of them don't use generosity. Is it possible to fit it in if you take away curses? I've been interested in the build referenced in this thread http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/2qtf0n/the_true_hero_of_wraeclast/ but no one really knows what it is.

That said this looks really good and efficient. The only problem I see is that support builds aren't as easy to gear for on temp leagues.
I have a pair of double curse Asenaths, but don't really play in standard during inter leagues... I highly enjoyed my RF support and think I might do something like this next league. Hopefully getting another pair of double curse Asenaths lol. Maybe I'll use them on a test build while waiting for the next league to start up. I didn't really play this last league, are vaal auras extremely big on support builds now?

Also, is vaal RF the major MF cull now?
"
Aggnog wrote:
I've been looking into these support builds recently and I noticed most of them don't use generosity. Is it possible to fit it in if you take away curses? I've been interested in the build referenced in this thread http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/2qtf0n/the_true_hero_of_wraeclast/ but no one really knows what it is.

That said this looks really good and efficient. The only problem I see is that support builds aren't as easy to gear for on temp leagues.

Well I have to run the purities in the alpha's and not on generosity to make up for my other resists.

I could run some on generosity, but honestly I need defenses somehow, so grace is out of the question for generosity. And I personally feel like running 4 curses consistently (and 1 more when packs don't die quickly) is more helpful than generosity on those other auras. The problems arise in that not everyone is an attacker, so anger/wrath aren't beneficial to everyone, and casters only really benefit from haste, but benefit a lot from 2+ curses (some rare cases 4).

Phys bow crit (with hatred) would benefit from ele weakness, vuln, and assasin's mark.

A burn build would benefit from ele weakness, vuln, and flammability (also elemental equilibrium) which combined skyrocket the burn speed. Enemies lose 156% fire/cold resistance when I hit them with the respective curses, along with 40% increased DoT for burns.

And similar cases could be made for almost any build, with 2 curses generally playing a large role in damage, along with temp chains slowing down enemies to a crawl (for amazing defensiveness) and extremely lengthening any status effects inflicted. All of the curse effectiveness on the tree + curse on hit's effectiveness mean a lot of multipliers for damage for any party involved.

"
Apanauc wrote:
I have a pair of double curse Asenaths, but don't really play in standard during inter leagues... I highly enjoyed my RF support and think I might do something like this next league. Hopefully getting another pair of double curse Asenaths lol. Maybe I'll use them on a test build while waiting for the next league to start up. I didn't really play this last league, are vaal auras extremely big on support builds now?

Also, is vaal RF the major MF cull now?

Well vaal haste is 21% movement speed and 41% attack/cast speed, multiplied by aura effectiveness (having every wheel makes it crazy). When I pop it and it lasts 10 seconds, I can get more than half of the souls back in those 10 seconds, and in some cases have 100% uptime. Vaal discipline is amazing for saving my ass, it literally doubles my ES to 14k due to inner force/aura stuff. Not running them would be a waste of potential.

"
7thFullMoon wrote:
I meant culling specifically with headhunter (for the amazing monster auras of 10 000 ES, etc) because in parties it gets hectic and you want to last hit the rares when you're not running with an MF Culler, and HH grants a larger dexterity bonus than Perandus. They're reasonably expensive at around ~100.

It's nice as it is, just a few suggestions/ideas as to how you can push it further.

Edit: And when I said asenath's or corrupted gloves, you can corrupt any curse you're already using on a pair of ES gloves and drop that from the 6L CoH to fit in the culling I was talking about. I hope that clears it up.

I get why, but yeah headhunter is 100ex and I'm nearly broke.

Right now my curses are mostly 20% quality which is a big deal on curses. I would be using severely gimped versions of temp chains + whatever curse if I went that route, along with losing a substantial chunk of ES. 48% slower enemies vs 24% slower enemies.
Last edited by FrontLineBait on Apr 4, 2015, 7:51:03 PM
Headhunter culling... that dream.
Just having Prism Guardian, not even the Shav, is out of my budget.
I really hope I could do this kind of build in 2.0, the removal of reduced mana will allow to put more aura (at least for me, curse on hit take a lot of gem slot) and I really want to use generosity on the new offensive aura that will boost caster and attacker.

Do you swith Arc with something else when partying with lightning players? or do you have a premade group?
Is the cast speed correct to rapidly curse every mobs before they get killed? Last time I tried Arc for Curse On Hit, I found it really slow when you don't have gear or passive point in cast speed, especially against large group.
Guide français : http://sites.google.com/view/poefr/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info