Freeze Pulse | Double Curse | Mind Over Matter | Vaal Pact | Occultist

Build Idea:
This build is a fast casting Freeze Pulse Witch with high critical strike chance for spells, Vaal Pact, Mind over Matter from the Cloak of Defiance unique chest & Ball Lightning or Herald of Thunder to double curse enemy´s with Assassin´s Mark & Frostbite/Elemental Weakness.

As ascendancy class i chose: Occultist for the additional Curse & Power Charge.

Life, Mind over Matter & Vaal Pact Build

Items:

Good Unique items are:

Rare items should have:
  • High Life & Energie Shield
  • Elemental & Chaos Resistance
  • Spell Damage & Critical Strike Chance for Spells
  • Mana & Mana Regeneration
  • Dexterity

My Gear

My Flask´s

Switch flasks for boss fights or hard maps:

Gems:
  • Main Skill: Freeze Pulse (lvl 20/20%) - Greater Multiple Projectiles (lvl 20/20%) - Spell Echo (lvl 20/20%) - Cold Penetration (lvl 20/20%) - Life Leech (lvl 20/20%) - Increase Crit Damage (lvl 20/20%) // Power Charge on Crit (lvl 20/20%) (In Partys)
  • Aura: Clarity (lvl 20) - Herald Of Ice (lvl 20/20%) - Herald of Thunder (lvl20/20%)
  • Curse: Ball Lightning (lvl 20/20%) or Herald of Thunder (lvl20/20%) - Curse On Hit (lvl 20/20%) - Assassin´s Mark (lvl 20/20%) - Elemental Weakness (lvl 20/20%) or Frostbite (lvl 20/20%)
  • Other: Summon Ice Golem (lvl 20/20%) - Rallying Cry (lvl 20/20%)
  • Movement: Lightning Warp (lvl 20/20%) - Faster Casting (lvl 20/20%) - Reduced Duration (lvl 20/20%)
  • Portal Gem
  • NOTE: Some gems dont need Quality. (Vaal Gems/Clarity)

Jewels:

Rare Jewel Stats:
Cobalt
  • Maximum Life
  • Cast Speed with Cold Skills
  • Cold Damage
  • Mana Regeneration Rate
  • Maximum Mana
  • Cast Speed
  • Spell Damage while holding a Shield
  • Cast Speed while holding a Shield
  • Critical Strike Multiplier with Cold Skills
  • Critical Strike Chance with Cold Skills
  • Damage
  • All Attributes
  • All Resistance

Passive Tree:

Passive Tree:

Defence:
Vaal Pact grants instant life restoration from life leech.
It also causes life regeneration to have no effect.
Through Vaal Pact we dont oneshot ourself against elemental reflect monster.
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vaal_Pact
A high Life & Mana pool (Mind over Matter) also help´s against big hits.
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Mind_Over_Matter

Stats:
Offence (Freeze Pulse)

Normal

With 7 Power Charges & Atziri´s Promise

Defence

Misc

Charges

Deal with the Bandits:
  • Normal: Life from Oak
  • Cruel: Skill Point
  • Merciless: Power Charge from Alira

Videos:

Thank you for reading this build guide.
If you have any suggestions or comments to my build please leave a post on this thread.

TheHorus
Ign: The_Horus

My profile & builds @: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/544588
Last edited by thehorus on May 12, 2016, 4:17:02 PM
Last bumped on May 12, 2016, 4:19:07 PM
Forum Colors.

Orange

Bright blue

Dark blue

Grey

-------------------------------------
add [ infront.

b color="#DB9F00"]Orange[/b]

b color="#99CCFF"]Bright blue[/b]

b color="#3399CC"]Dark blue[/b]

b color="#333333"]Grey[/b]

Last edited by thehorus on Feb 1, 2016, 8:53:21 AM
Old Stats // Build Progression:

POE Version 2.1 Stats

Offence

Normal

Defence

Misc

Charges

POE Version 2.0 Stats

Offence

Normal

Defence

Misc

Charges

POE Version 1.9 Stats

Offence (8 Power Charges)

Normal

With Atziri´s Promise

Defence

Charges

Last edited by thehorus on May 15, 2016, 8:49:10 PM
Nice and strong build. Awesome freeze gives a lot of safety for a party.
Well done.
Found this wand and was looking for what build could use it.

Works for this build?

Cold penetration would be a better option than faster casting. It gives 240% MORE damage versus capped enemies which are pretty common in merciless. Aside from getting a higher dps it also improves your damage per hit (where faster casting does nothing) thereby considerably improving your ability to freeze. You will be able to freeze enemies with 35% more life (with no resistances) up to 240% more life (with capped cold resistance) compared to a faster casting setup.
The difference in freezing abilities is especially striking when playing in parties. You won't be able to permafreeze tough bosses for the team without cold penetration.

You feature perfect gems on almost everything. It would be better to at least point out where quality is most important. Imo quality (and level) on ball lightning that is used just to trigger coh is a waste of currency. On the other hand you missed the quality on herald of ice which would make much more sense in this build as the 15% increased cold damage with 20qual are global and apply to every cold spell in your setup.
What order did you go through the tree? I'm thinking about starting a witch and using this build as a guide, but I'm unsure of what pathing to use through the tree. What did you do when you were leveling this build?

Also, did you play this build on HC or SC? and is it HC viable? Thanks.
Last edited by BigChillin on Apr 9, 2015, 3:07:07 PM
"
Aurious wrote:
Found this wand and was looking for what build could use it.

Works for this build?

Hey, i play in the 1Month SC league, your Wand is in the HC league.

But thanks alot for asking, i realy appreciate it.

"
Bada_Bing wrote:
Cold penetration would be a better option than faster casting. It gives 240% MORE damage versus capped enemies which are pretty common in merciless. Aside from getting a higher dps it also improves your damage per hit (where faster casting does nothing) thereby considerably improving your ability to freeze. You will be able to freeze enemies with 35% more life (with no resistances) up to 240% more life (with capped cold resistance) compared to a faster casting setup.
The difference in freezing abilities is especially striking when playing in parties. You won't be able to permafreeze tough bosses for the team without cold penetration.

You feature perfect gems on almost everything. It would be better to at least point out where quality is most important. Imo quality (and level) on ball lightning that is used just to trigger coh is a waste of currency. On the other hand you missed the quality on herald of ice which would make much more sense in this build as the 15% increased cold damage with 20qual are global and apply to every cold spell in your setup.

WOOOW, so much information.

I will 100% check/try this out.

And yes maybe i should write that quality is not needed on some gems. I often just play chars so long i can make the lvl 20 gems to 20% with gcp recipie. I usually dont buy the gems.

Oh and i forgot to write the Quality at Herlad of Ice. Thanks for pointing that out, i will edit it!

Thanks alot for the informations.

Last edited by thehorus on Apr 11, 2015, 3:54:02 PM
"
BigChillin wrote:
What order did you go through the tree? I'm thinking about starting a witch and using this build as a guide, but I'm unsure of what pathing to use through the tree. What did you do when you were leveling this build?

Also, did you play this build on HC or SC? and is it HC viable? Thanks.

Hello, i played this char in the SC 1Month league, i think it would be doable on HC maybe focus more on deffence stats on gear and passive first then.

I started as witch and made my way into the Templar tree first. Get maybe "Discipline and Training" and "Elementalist". After that i went to the Shadow are and grabbed "Eldrich Battery" on the way i think mid cruel of you start to run "Arctic Armour" and multiple Aura/Heralds.

For me it helps alot to get the longest passive routes done first, so you only have to refill the site notes at the end. I would recommend to grab some Dexterity ntes while leveling i often have problems to get enough dex for the gems.

I hope you enjoy it and Good Luck.

Last edited by thehorus on Apr 11, 2015, 4:01:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info