Group Play no fun?

Hey,

i did my first Group Play now (just grind Fellshrine) around lvl 44. Well, im a duelist and i just was like WTF.

I didnt see ANYTHING, whole map was full of spark´s and minions, that was epic shit ^^ will it be like that even in lategame?

So, I dont know why people group up so much, all what i do now is group with 1-2 close buddys, but thats it lol ^^

do u guys like group play ?
Not really, many of us consider the game single player at the moment.
I play with irl friends and friends I've made from other games or this game. Generally in smaller groups, because 6 drops most of our frames to crap. It's nice to just worry about fighting and then loot instead of losing out on a chaos or something else cool in public games. It works for us and we enjoy ourselves 100% of the time.

If none of my friends are on and I want to level faster, I'll join public games knowing full well that I might miss out on some cool loot but am willing to take that risk for faster XP.
RIP count: sideways 8
"
MikeX7 wrote:
Not really, many of us consider the game single player at the moment.

Many of whom? Of your friends? You can't really speak for anyone else :)

I like all three parts of the game. I play with randoms, friends and sometimes solo. It all depends on where in the game I am, and what time it is.

Playing with randoms serves it's purpose. Sometimes it can be really fast, mindless xp in exchange for not expecting loot to be fairly distributed.
Sometimes you make new friends. You can't make new friends solo.

I do agree with a 6 player team can be a bit messy on the screen. With a fairly old PC I counter that with lowering settings, disabling post processing and shadows.

Last edited by dornal on Feb 9, 2013, 12:23:55 PM
I play 6 person groups all the time and have no problem.
Maybe you need to upgrade your pc?

The screen does get cluttered especially with a necro, but I don't think to the point where you can not see or tell what's going on.

And I don't know who considers this game single player. I can say not me or anyone I play with.
BM 2H Big Physical Bigger AoE Ground Slam guide [1.3 Torment] - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1174531
"
Weism wrote:

The screen does get cluttered especially with a necro, but I don't think to the point where you can not see or tell what's going on.

And I don't know who considers this game single player. I can say not me or anyone I play with.

I don't have problems with other games. My bud plays BF3 with no issues, so you'd think he'd be able to play this game without any. I'm sure this will be fixed for most (hopefully) when we get the option for less spell particle effect or whatever it's called.
RIP count: sideways 8
Yeah a 6 player group means a ridiculous amount of graphical effects on the screen. Sitting and staring at that for long periods of time feels like an invitation to get epilepsy. Not to mention the absurd amount of loot that will drop with 6 people in the game. Sometimes the screen will just be covered in itemnames. Ofc you toggle alt back and forth to hide/make items visible but still very annoying. Ofc more loot is good but I rather have some less stuff if it means a better gaming experience.

My PoE journey started soloing with a marauder, rerolling a new one after I died. This one I played in group with. But I found those things I mentioned to be very annoying so I just rerolled a summoner witch that is solo viable all through the game/difficulties without any special gear. So have just played alone on this toon. It is more enjoyable in the sense that you can focus on always playing to the best of your abilities. In a group setting you don't always get a clear picture of what is going on so you tend to not play as well. Also hated having to change my playstyle because of needing to rush to grab items that dropped with my name on them. People always ninjad without any concern even if you yourself showed them courtesy not grabbing their items and it was very apparent you did so.

I think the optimum way to play would be 2 or 3 people in a party really. But hey, it's a matter of taste I quess.

Time to log in and be a lonewolf on my witch. At least I have a kiwi to keep me company. :P
The game really isn't playable at 6 players. I play with a friend or two max. More than that and you can barely see what's happening on the screen.

Not to mention the game isn't optimized so many skills result in huge drops in fps(poison arrow).
Last edited by kasub on Feb 9, 2013, 12:43:59 PM
GGG are aware of the massive spell spam, there was a developer post on this. They are looking at reducing the effects as it really is ridiculous at the moment.
"
Weism wrote:

+1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info