[1.3] GT's Shock And Awe 200k+ Incinerate build / MoM / EB / AA / Tanky as f*ck

Greetings

There has been a lot of Incinerate builds lately and I have here yet another one to add.

Although this build is mostly similar to a few other overwhelmingly popular builds but none did something like this. If one build did something right, the other was missing that thing.

Summary
Spoiler
This build will be focusing around reflect immunity while dealing tremendous amount of damage using purely fire and chaos damage which will not reflect. We mainly benefit from the nature of chaos damage where most monsters do no resist chaos.

It also focuses on clear speed. Most of the time you will not take that extra second to curse so curses are really optional. The only time I would suggest cursing is vs bosses or tough rares.

Video only using 5 link

Skill Tree lvl 85

Stats

Spoiler
Offensive

Defensive

The Build

How does it work?

- The build will only deal fire and chaos damage.

- The build will shock with 3 Dragons + Celestial Punishment = 75% increased damage.

- The build will have 40% Fire Penetration = 40% MORE damage against high fire res mobs.

- The build uses AA for reflect immunity.

- The build uses MoM.

While the tool tip DPS won't show anything staggering, the effectiveness of shocking and penetrating with your damage will outshine a build that focuses on no penetration or shocking.

For example: If my tool tip DPS shows 5k and someone else's shows 7k, the effective damage from this build will be much higher.

In addition, you can drop any form of resistance reduction curses and replace them with Assassin's Mark to further increase your damage or use Warlord's Mark for further leech capabilities.

Items
Spoiler

Gems
Spoiler
-
Add on a 6L

This will be your gem setup. Pretty standard. Note that the damage will substantially increase with a 6L because of how much cast speed a Faster Casting 20/20 gives. Some might argue that I should switch Fire Penetration with Faster Casting but you should know that it will decrease your effective damage. Tooltip DPS is not reliable. It does not take penetration into context to give you the actual damage that is dealt.

Aura option with curse

CwDT Setup

Movement Setup

AA Setup

Bandits

Oak - 40HP
Alira - 4% cast speed
Kill - Passive point

Flask Setup
Last edited by gtrans on Jan 29, 2015, 3:32:54 AM
"
gtrans wrote:

- The build will shock with 3 Dragons + Celestial Punishment = 75% increased damage.

- The build will have 40% Fire Penetration = 40% increased damage.

Fire penetration is MORE damage, not only increased.
Actually the "more" factor rises the higher the resistances you are facing:

Lets suppose the base damage is 1000.
0% resistances: 1000 flame damage without f.p.-> 1400 flame damage with f.p. (= 40% more damage)
75% resistance: 250 flame damage without f.p. -> 650 flame damage with f.p. (=160% more damage)
Last edited by Bada_Bing on Jan 25, 2015, 12:44:26 PM
"
Bada_Bing wrote:
"
gtrans wrote:

- The build will have 40% Fire Penetration = 40% increased damage.

Fire penetration is MORE damage, not only increased.
Actually the "more" factor rises the higher the resistances you are facing:

Lets suppose the base damage is 1000.
0% resistances: 1000 flame damage without f.p.-> 1400 flame damage with f.p. (= 40% more damage)
75% resistance: 250 flame damage without f.p. -> 650 flame damage with f.p. (=160% more damage)

Quite true, let me fix that.
"
gtrans wrote:

Although this build is mostly similar to a few other overwhelmingly popular builds but none did something like this. If one build did something right, the other was missing that thing.

You should state what exactly is different. The links, tree, and item choices all look exactly the same as the many, many other Incinerate builds available so some might not be able to differentiate.

"
gtrans wrote:

While the tool tip DPS won't show anything staggering, the effectiveness of shocking and penetrating with your damage will outshine a build that focuses on no penetration or shocking.

Still would be great if you posted some screenshots of your character sheet's offense tab on Incinerate so everybody can take a look at the supports used and the tooltip you get from that setup.

Also, it's ok if the tooltip is deceptive because you make it clear here that it is. In this build's case Fire Pen would make the actual damage much higher.

"
gtrans wrote:

In addition, you can drop any form of resistance reduction curses and replace them with Projectile Weakness to further increase your damage or use Warlord's Mark for further leech capabilities

I can see why you would want to use Warlord's Mark, but Proj Weakness is questionable. The knockback is helpful in keeping yourself alive, but probably annoying in parties. Using Flammability would give you more chance to ignite, which would keep shock up much more consistently considering the low damage incinerate does each instance of damage (lower damage equals less shock duration). Ele Weakness would give you even more reduction unless the enemy is overcapped on resists. Both resist curses would give a similar, if not more, damage increase compared to Proj Weak.

"
gtrans wrote:

Gems

I think you missed End Cry to pair with your IC. Or how else are you getting charges?

Consider using a Herald or two. If not, you should explain why not.

"
gtrans wrote:

Flask Setup

Is the Rumi's required also? If not, what should/can replace it?

Bada is right with the penetration info, but you need to mention that you have other instances of damage besides fire. Chaos from Added Chaos gem and Apep's plus if you decide to use any Heralds. The damage coming from those are not affected by Fire Pen so it is not simply a "x times tooltip" calculation.
"
You should state what exactly is different. The links, tree, and item choices all look exactly the same as the many, many other Incinerate builds available so some might not be able to differentiate.

Well, no other build uses The Three Dragons with mandatory fire penetration gem. The whole purpose of not using any heralds is to able to do reflect maps. KuteKitteh's build mostly inspired me to make one but it didn't go well. Her build was flawed in one way. I died to reflect even though he mentions it is reflect immune. I had 2% life leech with atziris flask on, it would still kill me. Taking that into consideration, I wanted some literally reflect immune not just speculations. Chaos and Fire.

"
I can see why you would want to use Warlord's Mark, but Proj Weakness is questionable. The knockback is helpful in keeping yourself alive, but probably annoying in parties. Using Flammability would give you more chance to ignite, which would keep shock up much more consistently considering the low damage incinerate does each instance of damage (lower damage equals less shock duration). Ele Weakness would give you even more reduction unless the enemy is overcapped on resists. Both resist curses would give a similar, if not more, damage increase compared to Proj Weak.

When I was making this build I wanted to focus on a very specific play style. I wanted something that had the fastest clear speed possible. Something that I did not mention and I probably should.

Now for that reason, curses are mostly optional. I also disagree with the flammability curse, the chance to ignite does not help shocking. Because The Three Dragon doesn't turn ignite chance into shock chance, the only way to get more shocks is with shock chance itself.

Right now, I am using Assassin's Mark on bosses. Weird right? Absolutely not. Although Incinerate does not crit by itself, Assassin's Mark gives it a 9% crit chance (depending on your gem level). 9% might not seem a lot but when you cast 15 times a second, you always crit. There you go dealing 150% of your total damage (yes chaos is boosted aswell) then which your total damage gets MULTIPLIED by 39%.

"
I think you missed End Cry to pair with your IC. Or how else are you getting charges?

Consider using a Herald or two. If not, you should explain why not.

I have had unpleasant time with Immortal Cry as it mostly failed to help me stay alive. It is only good vs physical damage. I have another suggestion and that would be to use enfeeble.

CwDT - Increased Area of Effect - Enfleeble - Frostwall. Not only this setup lowers their damage it also creates a barrier between you and your enemies. It is much more versatile in terms of decision making when you are panicking.

"
Is the Rumi's required also? If not, what should/can replace it?

Yes I suggest you hang on Rumi's and use it against heavy hitter like Vaal/Dom. Spell block is huge against Palace Dom touch of god.
Last edited by gtrans on Jan 27, 2015, 2:06:45 PM
Those are some great notes that you should add straight into your OP.

"
gtrans wrote:

I died to reflect even though he mentions it is reflect immune.

The problem may be with your undercapped resists shown in your screenshots. You need 135% resist to cap a resist in Merciless (-60% resist penalty). This means your 9% undercapped cold resist results in 36% more damage from cold and your 12% undercapped lightning resist results in 48% more damage from lightning.

"
gtrans wrote:

I also disagree with the flammability curse, the chance to ignite does not help shocking.

You're right, I was wrong. Sorry about that.

"
gtrans wrote:

Right now, I am using Assassin's Mark on bosses. Weird right? Absolutely not. Although Incinerate does not crit by itself, Assassin's Mark gives it a 9% crit chance (depending on your gem level). 9% might not seem a lot but when you cast 15 times a second, you always crit. There you go dealing 150% of your total damage (yes chaos is boosted aswell) then which your total damage gets MULTIPLIED by 39%.

No, not at all. The Incinerate builds using Three Dragons like to use this curse as well. This is good because it now adds onto the 10% shock you had before and would be perma-shocking with 15 casts a second.

But you're not always critting so be careful of saying you always deal those multipliers on every cast. Ass Mark allows crits to do more damage so you can calculate those numbers in as well.

"
gtrans wrote:

CwDT - Increased Area of Effect - Enfleeble - Frostwall. Not only this setup lowers their damage it also creates a barrier between you and your enemies. It is much more versatile in terms of decision making when you are panicking.

Underrated CwDT setup that is also fun to use.

But you have now used Proj Weak, War Mark, Ass Mark, and Enf as possible curses. In your reply above you mention using Enf on CwDT and Ass Mark on bosses. But CwDT triggers a lot so are you forced to reapply Ass Mark every time CwDT triggers when fighting bosses? Or do you just down the vast majority of bosses too fast for CwDT to even trigger? You don't have any +curse in your tree or on your gear so you should clarify what you finally settle on, when to use them, and the CwDT cursing and manual cursing issue.

And again, 40% fire penetration means 40% more fire damage not 40% more total damage.
"
The problem may be with your undercapped resists shown in your screenshots. You need 135% resist to cap a resist in Merciless (-60% resist penalty). This means your 9% undercapped cold resist results in 36% more damage from cold and your 12% undercapped lightning resist results in 48% more damage from lightning.

That picture is taken in Eternal lab merciless, -60% resistances are applied there (my chaos is -50%). I am over capped by around 60% which is great. I wouldn't make such an amateur mistake of not checking my resistance let alone not capping it. I always make sure I over cap my resistance by at least by 40%.

"
But you have now used Proj Weak, War Mark, Ass Mark, and Enf as possible curses. In your reply above you mention using Enf on CwDT and Ass Mark on bosses. But CwDT triggers a lot so are you forced to reapply Ass Mark every time CwDT triggers when fighting bosses? Or do you just down the vast majority of bosses too fast for CwDT to even trigger? You don't have any +curse in your tree or on your gear so you should clarify what you finally settle on, when to use them, and the CwDT cursing and manual cursing issue.

It all comes down to preference, I prefer using enfeeble on my CwDT to make sure I do not die immediately during a torrent of attacks.

I will certainly use Warlord's Mark as an actual curse (not CwDT setup) for high end maps where it take more than a second killing your target. During that moment, you need that extra leech it provides to recover from consecutive blows.

I use Assassin's Mark mostly vs bosses that are not as deadly as the rest of them. At this point, it is a judgement call on your own behalf. If you decide to use Assassin's Mark and you die because you didn't leech enough then it is your own wrong doings.

Most of the time, when I am not in the situation mentioned above, I do not curse at all. I simply clear fast enough to avoid the hassle.

There is never a simple answer to complicated situation so I trust you with your best of judgement to make the right decision.

"
And again, 40% fire penetration means 40% more fire damage not 40% more total damage.

I'm not sure how this is relevant.
Last edited by gtrans on Jan 29, 2015, 3:47:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info