Health and Mana globe decorations seem (accidentally?) misogynistic

I personally think that the females with the globes look the best. I am a female and it does not bother me in the slightest. When I play the game I don't sit there mindlessly thinking of some stupid crap to complain about. I didn't think that the women were slaves. Though I guess I can kind of see how a stick in the mud would think this. The women on the globes in my opinion look pretty and it does fit the game. If you don't like it like that, have them make a mod to change it or don't play the game. It's really simple. Don't ruin it for the rest of us that like it. Find something else meaningful to complain about.
"
Deadberri wrote:
I personally think that the females with the globes look the best. I am a female and it does not bother me in the slightest. When I play the game I don't sit there mindlessly thinking of some stupid crap to complain about. I didn't think that the women were slaves. Though I guess I can kind of see how a stick in the mud would think this. The women on the globes in my opinion look pretty and it does fit the game. If you don't like it like that, have them make a mod to change it or don't play the game. It's really simple. Don't ruin it for the rest of us that like it. Find something else meaningful to complain about.

There is no need to call me a "stick in the mud",I just gave a suggestion for future microtransitions.
"

No one cares what 14 year olds think. Just go back to living in your mom's basement and thinking about how unfair life is being a white male.

I care what 14 year olds think. I was one once. A pretty smart one, or so I thought.

Wrote some pretty bad poetry, as I recall it.

...And still, that 14 year old turned into this way-too-old Mod.

Funny how things go.

Btw another outburst of abuse like that at another user and you won't be posting for a while.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
As for the lock: do a forum search for this. It's an old, old argument and if GGG aren't going to make a little fantasy-based cleavage (and male genitalia) a top priority while they're busy, I dunno, actually making the game better, then that's that.

You can be sure that they're aware of this topic, though.

Sorry if the UI design is keeping you from playing the game.

Maybe I'm a little gay or something, because my girlfriend had to point out the boobage in the health/mana globe design. That or I'm desensitised. Hm. We both then went back to hacking topless dudes to death in the Western Forest.

Either way, I find this...attack, if you will, slightly amusing, given that GGG has given the ARPG world two very non-sexualised female player characters, with one of them being a lesbian without it being a gimmick.

Ahanyway: known issue, not really any need to discuss it further here, and if the long-standing trope of dark fantasy games and artwork in general having PG-13 levels of female exposure (and penises, which are definitely not PG-13) is enough to put you off the game, so be it.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
I'm issuing a formal apology here for a joke I made regarding being gay. I've just seen a slight explosion about this on reddit. Not that I use reddit (so you're safe to head off there and bitch about us mods all you like), but this was brought to my attention and I want it clarified.

"
Charan wrote:
Maybe I'm a little gay or something, because my girlfriend had to point out the boobage in the health/mana globe design. That or I'm desensitised. Hm. We both then went back to hacking topless dudes to death in the Western Forest.

To which the reddit post replied: "Oh I see, I must be a pervert to notice the thing on my screen the entire time I'm playing. Well that explains everything, we're done here, everyone can go home."

Sorry. I never once meant to equate 'gay' with 'pervert'. I'm from Australia where that no longer applies in any but the most private of contexts, and hasn't applied for quite some time.

So, I am sorry. It was a joke made in very poor taste and under the assumption that the people reading it might realise a forum moderator would use that word in a mature, non-derogatory way.

Sorry again.

Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Feb 7, 2013, 5:09:13 PM
"
SandmanXC wrote:
Like I stated on reddit, I find this to be retarded and you bleeding heart so called activists like you should go feck yourselves.

I also want to issue a warning to you for treating another user abusively. I missed this post and focused on Ganrao's, mainly because Ganrao was the first to pull this out of civility by saying some of Avireyn's comments were 'asshole comments.'

That shit don't fly here.

Either way, threads about this have gone nowhere before. The health/mana globes aren't changing until GGG deems it should happen.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info