[Release] Firestorm average hit number calculator

Here's an occasionally useful spreadsheet calculator that can estimate the average number of hits for any skill that hits an area with smaller AoEs, like Firestorm, Molten Strike or Vaal Storm Call. I've seen a lot of players interested in actual dps of those skills as your tooltip can reliably show only damage per hit.

Download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/zjsbfjtc5g914a5/Area+Sequnce+Skill+Calculator.xlsx
I'd put it on google spreadsheet but it won't play nice with a few expressions for some reason.

Usage:
1. Input the main skill area radius, it's 25 for firestorm and 20 for molten strike.
2. Input fireball radius, it's 9 for firestorm, it's assumed that it's 9 for molten too.
3. Input enemy hitbox radius, for players (and probably humanoid/small monsters) it's 2, for large monsters maybe 5 or 6, there's no hard info.
4. Input number of balls, for firestorm it's skill duration divided with delay between fireballs, it should be 13 or 14 for vanilla skill, you get more by increasing duration and using a quality gem.

Known snags:
- For molten strike you will have to calculate projectile damage per hit manually as it isn't displayed anywhere, don't forget to remove any melee-only supports and account for projectile ones when checking the tooltip.
- Also, molten strike has a small deadzone in the center which somewhat reduces the chance of projectiles hitting your initial target and calculating that would unnecessary complicate things, just take half of its estimated area dps as extra damage to primary target and it should be about right, it just depends too much on enemy size.
- It's not 100% accurate as the effect of balls falling near the edge of the main area is ignored but it's close enough, I suppose.

And a little request:
I'd appreciate it if devs could provide more info on monster hitbox size.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Sep 16, 2014, 12:59:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info